THIS IS THE OFFICIAL CALL FOR CANDIDATES FOR THE 2019 AIAS ELECTIONS CYCLE
Participating in the elections cycle is an incredibly rewarding and fulfilling opportunity. It will provide you with valuable experience to enhance your education and career in addition to the personal growth one experiences through the process. During the elections proceedings, you will be given opportunities to demonstrate your vision for the organization, and the membership will, in turn, elect its Board of Directors based on their views for our collective future.
In order to ensure the success of the 2019 elections cycle, the AIAS puts forward the following Call for Candidates Elections Guidelines. Elections are held in conjunction with the annual AIAS conference FORUM during the business meetings. This year AIAS FORUM will take place in Toronto, ON from December 29, 2019 – January 2, 2020. All questions should be directed to Amelia Rosen, AIAS, Assoc. AIA, Past President, at PastPresident@aias.org.
Members interested in pursuing leadership positions with the organization have the opportunity to run for the following positions:
- Vice President
- Northeast Quad Director
- South Quad Director
- Midwest Quad Director
- West Quad Director
These positions will comprise the elected positions for 2020-2021 AIAS Board of Directors. Elections will follow the AIAS Rules of the Board and AIAS Bylaws, as well as the Elections Guidelines and the Elections Code of Ethics released October of 2019, found below. In order to be considered a certified candidate, the interested person must meet all eligibility requirements in the Bylaws and Rules of the Board as well as submit the following materials:
- Letter of intent to run addressed to Amelia Rosen, AIAS, Assoc. AIA, Past President
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (limit two pages)
- Letter of school support (limit one letter)
- Letter of peer support (limit one letter) *New to the 2019 AIAS Elections Cycle*
- Responses to Candidate Questionnaire (limit three pages)
- Signed statement on the AIAS Policy on Intern Compensation
- Signed statement on AIAS Elections Code of Ethics
- Completed Contact Information Sheet
- (Optional) Campaign flyer/media item to be posted on AIAS website and social media as a part of your candidacy packet (no larger than 8.5”x11”; must be .jpg, .pdf, .gif, or .mov format no larger than 3 MB; see elections guidelines for more details ) PLEASE NOTE: There will be no printed campaign materials in the 2019 Elections. Only campaign materials submitted in tandem with candidacy packets will be shared on the AIAS website in advance of FORUM. All campaign materials, including those submitted after the candidate packet deadline, will be shared digitally during campaign activities throughout FORUM.
All items must be submitted via email no later than 11:59 pm HST, Friday, November 15th, 2019.
All of the above materials should be submitted as a single .PDF, with the exception of the (optional) Campaign flyer/media item. In addition, all candidates must submit a headshot to be published on the AIAS website and social media in tandem with your candidacy packet (must be .jpg format no larger than 3 MB; limit one image).
- Compiled Candidacy Files should be titled “ LastName_Elections 2019.pdf ”
- (Optional) Campaign flyers/media items should be titled “LastName_Elections 2019_Campaign Item” and must be either .jpg, .pdf, .gif, or .mov)
- Headshots should be titled “LastName_Elections 2019_Headshot.jpg”
Upon receiving the required materials, each certified candidate will receive further instructions on the elections and campaigning process from the Past President. All certified candidates’ submissions will be posted on the AIAS website and social media in advance of FORUM 2019 for other chapter leaders and members to review. The above candidate package materials will be one of the most important tools that your colleagues will use to evaluate each candidate’s credentials. Submission of these materials for posting on the AIAS Web site is the ONLY method of campaigning allowed before FORUM.
Additionally, after formal declaration, Officer candidates will be supplied with employment details (including salary, benefits, and contract) and offered the opportunity for a one-on-one informational conference call with the Executive Director and another with the incumbent Officer.
The AIAS is an extremely successful organization because of the dedication and passion of its grassroots student leadership. If you are interested in running as a certified candidate, please contact Past President, Amelia Rosen, AIAS, Assoc. AIA, at PastPresident@aias.org prior to submission of materials so questions to all candidates are answered equally.