CALLING ALL ADVOCATES! The AIAS is proud to announce the launch of the 2021-2022 AIAS Advocates Program – an application-based program geared towards showcasing and providing platforms for you, our members, to speak up and speak loud about niched advocacy topics and initiatives. The AIAS Advocates Program will run on the academic-year. The concept for this program was inspired by Shoaib Nizami, a deaf architecture student from the University of Houston, and for the last two years our Advocates have helped perfect how to mix the AIAS’ resources with the passion of our members for an impactful result.
- Presentation opportunities during various AIAS events
- Showcase content on the @aias_advocacy and @aiasorg Instagram throughout the year
- Opportunity to create content showcasing Advocacy topic to be published on AIAS platforms such as the website or the AIAS Audio Experience
- Check-ins on a monthly basis with AIAS National to determine how we can connect professionals and resources related to Advocacy topic with you
- Opportunity to serve on AIAS Committees
- Complimentary registration to Grassroots 2021 and FORUM Denver
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply to be an AIAS Advocate for the 2021-2022 year you must submit the following materials:
- 1-2 Page Resume
- Letter of intent
- Some form of media/multimedia material that highlights what your advocacy topic of choice is and why (video, short slideshow, graphics, infographic, etc. – get creative!)
- Outline for how you would like to use your platform and example content (can be content for social media, blog post for the AIAS website, script for podcast for the AIAS Audio Experience, etc).
Please send all materials as one .zip attachment to President Erin Conti at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm EST on March 31st. If you have any questions related to submission materials, feel free to reach out via email or on Slack.
3-5 AIAS Advocates shall be selected at the discretion of AIAS HQ, depending on the quality and quantity of submissions. This is an exciting opportunity to truly make an impact, use your voice, and take action so get excited and apply to be an AIAS Advocate today!