Washington, DC – January 4, 2019 – Chapter leaders of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) have cast their ballots for the next Board of Directors. During the annual FORUM conference, which took place in Seattle, Washington from December 29, 2018 – January 1, 2019, the Council of Presidents elected the new incoming board of directors for the organization.
2019-2020 AIAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President: Sarah Curry, Auburn University
- Vice President: Adam Fogel, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Northeast Quad Director: Noor Ul Ain, City College of New York
- South Quad Director: Kyra Stark, Auburn University
- Midwest Quad Director: Erin Conti, Illinois Institute of Technology
- West Quad Director: Wyatt Swingle, University of Arizona
Those elected, including Quad Directors, will serve a one-year term on the AIAS Board of Directors. During this time the President and Vice President relocate to the national office in Washington, D.C. and work as full-time employees of the AIAS.
2019-2020 AIAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIAISONS
- NCARB Liaison (2019-2022): TBD
- AIA Liaison (2017-2020): Timothy Hawk, FAIA – Columbus, OH
- ACSA Liaison (2018-2021): Dr. Ikhlas Sabouni – Houston, TX
The newly elected board officially begins their duties on the 1st of July and will be sworn in during Grassroots 2019. In the six-month lead up to commencing their terms, the board-elect will work closely with their predecessors to become familiar with their role on the board, including a three-day orientation concurrent with the Spring Board of Directors Meeting.
ABOUT THE AIAS
The American Institute of Architecture Students is a non-profit, student-run organization dedicated to programs, information and resources on issues critical to architecture and the experience of education. For more information, visit aias.org or call Kimberly Tuttle at (202) 808-0036.