Washington, DC – January 3, 2020 – Chapter leaders of the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) have cast their ballots for the next Board of Directors. During the annual FORUM conference, which took place in Toronto, Ontario from December 29, 2019 – January 1, 2020, the Council of Presidents elected the new incoming board of directors for the organization.
2020-2021 AIAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- President: Erin Conti, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Vice President: Sara Taketatsu, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Northeast Quad Director: Shannon DeFranza, Roger Williams University
- South Quad Director: Scott Cornelius, Oklahoma State University
- Midwest Quad Director: Ethan Moore, Kent State University
- West Quad Director: Alex Geisen, Washington State University
President-elect Erin Conti will serve as the organization’s 64th President. “We are just so excited to represent you and be able to advocate for you, and be your voice as we start this new decade. There is so much opportunity for us to grow and the possibilities are endless.”
Conti and Vice President-elect Sara Taketatsu addressed attendees at the conference, “As we bring in this new year we are really excited to hear from all of you of what your vision is and are absolutely humbled by the fact that we are the ones who get to channel your voice.”
Those elected, including Quad Directors, will serve a one-year term on the AIAS Board of Directors. During this time the President and Vice President relocate to the national office in Washington, D.C. and work as full-time employees of the AIAS.
2020-2021 AIAS BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIAISONS
- NCARB Liaison (2019-2022): Kristine Harding, FAIA – Huntsville, AL
- ACSA Liaison (2018-2021): Dr. Ikhlas Sabouni – Houston, TX
- AIA Liaison (2020-2023): TBD
The newly elected board officially begins their duties on the 1st of July and will be sworn in during Grassroots 2020. In the six-month lead up to commencing their terms, the board-elect will work closely with their predecessors to become familiar with their role on the board, including a three-day orientation concurrent with the Spring Board of Directors Meeting.
ABOUT THE AIAS
The American Institute of Architecture Students is a non-profit, student-run organization dedicated to programs, information and resources on issues critical to architecture and the experience of education. For more information, visit aias.org.