Did you know that the Student Pass for AIA Conference on Architecture is only $25? The Student Pass includes access to the keynote events, all educational seminars, Pro Series & ArchiTalks, Architecture Expo, expo credit sessions, and you also have the option to purchase tickets for additional events, tours, and workshops.
A’18 is perfect for AIAS members or anyone interested in adding to their repertoire of design skills, strategies, and tactics. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to network with thousands of architects and product vendors, attend inspiring keynotes, travel along on captivating tours, and engage in unique social events. All for $25! Take a peek at 25 reasons we think YOU should be attending A’18 in NYC this June:
1. NETWORKING! Duh.
2. Meet and mingle with alumni from your school at the various Alumni Receptions.
4. Sharpen your communication skills at the Positioning Yourself As a Knowledge Leader session.
5. Experience NYC during the summer season. Weather will be warm, but not too hot – optimal for exploring the city!
6. The Emerging Professionals Party will be held at Stage48 on the Hudson River and it’s only $20 for students.
7. Explore the 200,00 sq ft. Architecture Expo at Javits Center.
8. Discover how to create an urban university that integrates into the surrounding urban context at the Sustainable Urban Campus Planning in New York City session.
9. Learn from the leaders of today and how they hope the profession will evolve in the future at the Agents of Change: When Women Lead ArchiTalk.
10. Equip yourself with knowledge of how to design in our ever-evolving environment at the How to Design for a Rapidly Changing World session.
11. Experience the iconic architecture NYC has to offer through the various educational tours.
12. There are also fun tours as well!
14. Day 2 Keynote: Sheela Søgaard will also be at Radio City Music Hall!
15. Visit the High Line.
16. Do you have dreams of owning your own firm someday? Get a head start on planning by attending the How to Start & Run Your Own Firm session.
17. Take a deep dive into some today’s most urgent issues in relation to the built environment at the How to Design for Climate Change ArchiTalk.
18. Hone your interpersonal skills through the Empathy in the Business of Architecture session.
19. Listen to feature experts in neuroscience and design who focus on practice and research around architecture and the brain at the Neuroscience & Architecture: A Discussion session.
20. Expand your knowledge of the inner workings of today’s cities at The Experimentalists: Cities, Political Imagination & Social Creativity ArchiTalk.
21. New York pizza.
22. Learn the ins and outs of the indoor built environment at the There May Be a Serial Killer in Your Building session.
24. Interested in the future of tech in relation to architecture? Then don’t miss the Future Urbanists: Tech Tools for Architects in the Fourth Transformation session.
25. Finally, just register! AIA Conference on Architecture is an invaluable experience for students. It is an opportunity to get your feet wet and explore the different paths your architecture degree can take you. Leading up to A’18 we will be sharing students’ testimonials of their experience from A’17 on our Instagram account (@aiasorg). Don’t miss it!