Did you know that the student registration for Architecture Exchange East in Richmond, VA is only $30? Student registration includes access to educational sessions, spectacular behind-the-scenes architectural tours, engaging special events, and more than 60+ vendors in the ArchEx Exhibit Hall.
ArchEx East provides students the opportunity to meet and network with countless Virginia professionals and the diverse programming is meant to help you enhance your design, people, and leadership skills. Take a look at the 30 reasons we think YOU should be attending Architecture Exchange East this November:
1. Obvious number one. . . NETWORKING!
2. Michael Ford, The Hip Hop Architect, will be speaking.
3. Amy Rosen, 2018-2019 AIAS President, will be there. Enough said.
4. Develop ideas on how to build your brand at the How Branding can Benefit Your Architecture session.
5. AIA’s Virginia’s Honor Award Ceremony will be held at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.
6. Take a tour of the Historic Petersburg and learn about the rich history of the city.
7. Interested in understanding what it takes to be a developer? Attend the An Architect’s Roadmap to Becoming a Developer session.
8. Get an introduction to the varying “grades” of virtual reality in the Virtual Reality is Cool and So Are You! session.
9. Hear from Keynote Speaker Francis Kere, Hon. FAIA, well known TED presenter and keynote speaker at the AIA national convention in 2017.
10. Get outside and explore Richmond’s Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden.
11. Prepare yourself for workplace interactions by attending the Some Body is Lying: Body Language for Business session.
12. Everyone could use a crash course in professional writing. . . even professionals. Sharpen your skills at the Writing for Professionals session.
13. Looking to polish your portfolio? Attend the What makes a Strong Portfolio session.
14. Richmond was just named the World’s #1 Beer Destination in 2018. Let this Beer Trail Map guide you to your new favorite brewery.
15. Take a look at real-world examples of 3D laser scanning for building in the Add Lasers to your Workflow! An Intro to Point Clouds session.
16. What does it take to build a healthy campus? Learn more in the Uniting Campus, Community and Curriculum with Wellness session.
17. Because this is the name of one of the sessions – So, You Cut Off Your Leg.
18. Have a passion for criminal justice or public health? Attend the Designing Justice Facilities for Mental Health session.
19. Get an overview of the properties of color and light in the The Science of Color and Light session.
20. Get prepared for licensure by attending the NCARB & You: AXP, ARE & Certification session.
21. See what Howard University’s Sustainability department has been working on in the Sustainability from University to Students session.
22. Did you know that Richmond is the capital of Virginia? Take a tour of Capitol Square while you’re there.
23. Learn the impact architecture can have on combat veterans in the Architecture to Calm the Unseen Trauma of Combat Veterans session.
24. Explore the designs principles and material choices behind weather-resistant structures in the Designing for Hurricane, Earthquake, and Flood Resistance session.
25. Enhance your leadership skills by attending the Emerging Professionals: Empowering Next Generation Leaders session.
26. Hear a case study on the development of a new house design in St Croix, USVI, which was destroyed in 2017 by hurricane Maria in the Living Building Challenge as an Approach for Resiliency session.
27. Become familiar with the effects of acoustics on health in the Integrating Acoustics into Architecture session.
28. Don’t miss the Architectural Sketching: Perceptual Technique session and bring your sketchbook!
29. Learn to identify opportunities to collaboratively engage complex socio-ecological systems at the Architecture in a Complexity-centric Co-designed World session.
30. Dive into Richmond’s art community and visit the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts.