It’s that time of year again! You have two months left to create your savvy business idea and pitch it to us!
Elevate Your Pitch, sponsored by Schindler Elevator Corporation, is running until June 1, 2018, and presents members with a unique opportunity to pitch their business ideas to a panel of judges for a chance to win recognition and earn one of three cash prizes ($2,500)!
This year, we are expanding the competition to include other disciplines at each university, provided one member per team is an AIAS member. This will allow AIAS members to collaborate with students in business, communications, or engineering disciplines to come up with a truly innovative pitch.
Have you formulated your idea? Here are some tips and tricks for filming.
Tips & Tricks
- The video may be filmed with a phone, tablet, or GoPro.
- Carefully choose your background/frame
- Check lighting and make sure the camera is in focus, try to stabilize the camera for smooth filming
- Have a professional appearance
- Relax and Smile!
- Speak clearly and articulate your words
- Maximize the power of facial expressions
Don’t forget to include:
- Opening – what is your business or product?
- What is the problem in the market? Are you offering a viable solution?
- You and your qualifications
- Competition and your competitive advantage
- A closing and call to action (what do you want the public to do?)
Need Inspiration? Meet the 2017 Winners!
Case.MD – 1st Place
Case.MD was built on the basis of saving lives. We’ve made it our mission to combine emergency medicine into the convenience of a smartphone.
A|C – Arch Connect – 2nd Place
A|C collects information from students, architectural sites, and other related design cultures to create a clean and organized catalog for browsing.
Study Buddy – 3rd Place
It’s time to take a break. Download STUDY BUDDY, the app that helps you refocus every 20 minutes. Get work done while getting distracted!